- What is metallic film?
Metallic membranes (possibly PET, CPP, OPP …) are coated with a thin layer of metal. The metal coating is plated aluminum, the thickness of metal plating depends on the purpose of different use, but the required properties are the resistance to gas, moisture and water …. The thicker the coating, the higher the waterproofing, but the cost increases.
- Metalized Membrane Principle
Aluminum alloys that melt, evaporate and condense on the membrane material (usually thin PET, OPP, CPP …) have been specially treated to improve adhesion under vacuum conditions. The aluminum content depends on the temperature of the aluminum, the rate of pulling the film through the plating station, the number of plating stations.
Used to improve the waterproofing properties of the products so as to achieve the appropriate degree of waterproof properties characteristic, shape and suitable for processing equipment. Depending on the thickness of the coating on the film it improves the natural properties of the film. For example, MOPP films have a 20-fold higher moisture content than OPP.
Used to replace aluminum foil (Alumium foil) in some areas.
- MPET film (Metallize PET)
MPET: Polyester Metallized – Metallic white (non-metallic)
Note: It is necessary to distinguish the film and film on the film with metalized ink. On the market today there are MPET printing ink in Metallized ink on the surface, this type of defects as follows:
– Metallized sheeting: depending on the adhesion of the ink.
– When folding boxes, folded edges break the edges, corners and folds.
– On the Metallized surface, the ink can not stick or cling to the strip.
– When exposed to ultraviolet light, the metallic layer will change color to gray.
– Use a razor on the surface to remove the Metallized debris.